Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Break

What an amazing Spring Break we had. We have wanted to go on one more BIG family trip with just the six of us before Amberly graduates next year because we figure our family will change rapidly after that. We decided 3 years ago to do a cruise and this is the year it worked out best. Kevin made all the arrangements with his favorite travel agent and we had an amazing time on the Mariner of the Sea with the Royal Carribean cruise line.

Saturday we quickly loaded our packed luggage, had a quick bite to eat and headed to my Aunt's house in Orange, CA at about 6:00am. We made good time and only took 11 hours. That's with 4 stops too. My uncle Darrin and his wife Jill and my cousins Renee and Brent were also there that week-end. We had a nice relaxing time in the hot tub and then visited with everyone until bedtime. Thanks Auntie for being so generous. We really appreciate you letting us stay with you for the night. We love you and your family very much.

After going to Church Easter Sunday, we headed to San Pedro and got on the beautiful ship we would call home for the week. We had a bit of trouble with the staterooms, but ended up getting a nicer one for Kevin and myself for the trouble so it was worth it.

The entertainment and shows were incredible. It was like having broadway shows every night.

The food was beautiful land delicious.

Sadly, Amberly and Cammie got REALLY BURNED on Monday and spent the trip walking like old ladies. They tried to have fun despite their discomfort and I really appreciate that.


More Yummy food!

Guess what Jeffrey did whenever I wasn't making him go to a show or meet us for dinner! Yep! Basketball.

Our Snorkeling Tour in Cabo San Lucas was lots of fun.


Mazatlan was pretty laid back because we didn't have an offical tour, but went to a Resort to enjoy the pool and beach and do a little shopping. Here is Cammie doing a little bargaining.

Janna and Amberly enjoying the ocean and sand.

By far, our favorite excursion was the Canopy Tour in Puerta Vallarta. It had 14 ziplines and it was SOOOOO fun. We all loved it.

The ship is very elegant and clean and BIG. Here is a picture of Kevin looking at the promenade. The art work was fabulous and I spent Saturday taking pictures of the art and hope to make some scrap pages to put on as time goes on. I have so many pictures it might take awhile.

Here we are all dressed up for the night we went formal. There were two formal nights, but we only went to one of them. Our dining room was called Rhapsody in Blue. Here we are posing in front of the sign.
There is much more to tell about, but it will have to come a little at a time. I'm really glad we could have such a wonderful family experience and hope we will remember it forever.

12 comments:

Global Future said...

Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures. Wow...

I like your blog.

I would like to invite you to visit a green community blog:

http://globalgreenview.blogspot.com

Let's join this community to save our planet for next generation.

Keep blogging.
Good day.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I didn't know you were taking the family in a cruise for spring break. Fun FUn FUn. Can't wait till my kids are big enough so I can do the same thing. Loved the pictures.

Summer said...

Wow I can not believe how long Janna's hair is. I have not seen her in a long time and her hair is so long and beautiful. I miss you and hope all is well.

Valorie said...

Wow what a wonderful trip! I'm jealous, we had snow while you were away! I haven't been on a cruise, we'll have to follow your example and try it some day. So sorry about the sunburns, I've had some doosies, and I know how they hurt, glad they made the most out of it.

Baldwincrew-blog said...

FUN FUN FUN! Glad you guys had a good trip. And glad for your safe return. Love ya!

Melissa said...

I loved seeing all of those pictures! It made me pretend that I was somewhere fun and not here in the snow!
Glad you are back!

Lydia said...

Crusing is awsome, isn't it. My kids loved it when we went on our short cruise last year. I hope to take them on a longer one someday. It would be fun to go as a big family.

Holly said...

I have only been on one cruise but loved it so much. I didn't even know you were going. I was looking at you in the faculty room yesterday wondering why you were so tan. Now I know. Looks like a great family trip you will never forget!

Sarah said...

WOW WHAT A TRIP! Loved the picture on the canopy tour...or whatever it was called, that zipline excursion sounds like a blast! Way to live it up guys!!

Michelle said...

That looks so fun! What great memories for you and your kids! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Horsley News said...

Didn't even know you guys were going. One day we'll get away from the bakery and have fun with you guys.

Love that Jeffry's almost as tall as Amberly.

Glad you didn't have problems with pirates.

John

Lindy said...

Looks like you all had a great adventure. Hopefully none of you are sick now.