Friday, May 28, 2010

Amberly

I want to share some of my feelings about my wonderful daughter Amberly, who graduated from Pleasant Grove High School yesterday.
This beautiful baby has grown into a beautiful young woman. I am so proud of Amberly. She has always been a very intelligent girl, but she is also so much more. I'd like to share my observations about her as she has grown up over the last 18 1/2 years.

Amberly is unstoppable. When she decides to learn or do something, you can't tell her she can't do it. When she was 3 years-old her friend Megan was learning to tie her shoes to go to kindergarten. Amberly decided she wanted to learn to tie her shoes too. I tried to convince her she was too young and she could learn when she went to kindergarten, but she just decided to teach herself. After trying for about an hour I showed her how expecting her to realize it was too hard, but she had it mastered before her dad got home from work.

The same thing happened when she was 5 and decided she wanted to learn how to play the piano. I tried to find someone to give her lessons, but everyone said she was too young and needed to learn to read. (She already was reading) I finally found a friend in Provo who said she would teach her and drove her down every week for a couple of years. As most people know she is an incredible pianist and uses her talent to bless many people.

Amberly loves to read, write and recently has picked up photography and is doing amazing at it. Just check out her blog to see what she's done for many friends' senior pictures. Amberly has always been an excellent student and as you can see from the graduation pictures she graduated with high honors. She is a great daughter, sister, cousin, niece, granddaughter, friend, singer, student, pianist, driver, photographer and very spiritual as well. When she decides to learn to cook, she'll amaze us all because whatever she decides to do, she does it well.

Amberly, I can't wait to see where you'll go next. As I said on facebook,

"We know we are successful if we live so that we qualify for, receive and know how to follow the Spirit." (Sister Beck) You have learned to be successful in the most important ways. I will always love, support and cheer for you. I will always be there for you as you figure out what comes next. I am truly proud of the person you have become. Thank you for being my daughter.

I love you forever. Mom

2 comments:

Valorie said...

What a beautiful post! Amberly is such a sweetheart, I see a lot of her talents and abilities coming from you. You are a great mom! Congrats on having one graduate from college and elementary school in the same week. It sounds like you are about ready for your vacation.

Baldwincrew-blog said...

That was amazing. I love her so much and she is such an example to so many. congrats girl you have a great future ahead of you. Love ya!