Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My first car accident


I was heading east on 300 N. in A.F. today, after getting Harry Potter tickets and a lady was at the stop sign on Center street headed south, but didn't see me and hit me on the drivers side. I saw her at the last second and tried to swerve, but it was too late. I spun around and stopped at about 160 degrees. Everyone was physically ok. The lady who hit me was pretty upset. I ended up driving her home when Amberly came to get me because she didn't have a ride and she was pretty teary. I kept trying to tell her it was o.k. and we were just grateful no one was hurt.





7 comments:

Mandy said...

Yuck! I am so sorry. I hate car accidents! Glad everyone was ok!

Lindy said...

Goodness...I'm glad you're OK. Amazing it was your first accident. I'm guessing you were thankful it was you driving and not one of your girls.

Heather said...

So glad you are ok!

Unknown said...

It is good that nobody got hurt in the accident. Judging from the pictures, the other car hit you that hard for your car to spin around like that. The side of your car looked totaled. Anyway, did you get compensation for the accident? Looking at how damaged you car was, you really need any financial assistance you could get.



Penelope Worrall

Unknown said...

Your car was badly damaged, and I guess it’s safe to say that you were hit by a strong impact that spun you around at about 160 degrees. It was a consolation that you came out unscathed and that your car absorbed all the damage. What happened after the incident? Did you call the police right away?

--Ronna Erb

Unknown said...

Not a pretty sight! What a relief to know nobody got seriously hurt! Okay, I am going to be blunt about this whole thing. If I were in your place, I would have asked for settlement since it wasn’t your fault that your car got totaled. Another thing, what if you did get hurt, or any of your companions got hurt? You must always think about your rights before those of others, or you will end up taken for granted.

Collin Deck

Unknown said...

I totally agree with Collin! You have to protect yourself first before others. Think about how the accident could have permanently injured you. It was very nice of you, though, to have had the heart to take the lady who caused the accident to her home. But, please, let her pay for whatever damages she did to you and your car because of reckless driving.

Cristy Witherspoon