Saturday, August 27, 2011

RaeAnn's First Half Marathon

I did my first half marathon today. It was a great experience that I will never forget. Even though my IT band started to bother me at mile 5, Frances and her running friend Julia kept me distracted and made it fun to run even with some pretty painful knees. Plus we looked really cute.

I had the best support from my girls and Kevin. Amberly and her friends Sarah and Amanda helped at the mile 9 aid station and Janna, Cammie and McKayla helped at mile 11. They all were there to support us at mile 1. It was great to know they were waiting for us and were proud of us. Kevin leapfrogged us and took great pictures. Thanks Kevin.

This whole course was really hilly, but mile 10 had a doozy. The signs kept us walking fast
(there as no running this one).
Overall I was very happy with my time and that I finished so strong. Even though it hurt, I was able to finish strong and proud.

I didn't realize this race was to support autism awareness until after I had agreed to do it, but I am so happy to support such a great cause. I love teaching my autistic primary boy, Kevin Rodham every Sunday and this was a great way to support him.

6 comments:

Active Headbands said...

You did AMAZING1!!! I'm so proud of you and had such a great time running with you. Love you tons!!osifi

Mandy said...

So great! I think I want to try a half some day...I don't think I could run one now! I hate to admit it but I kinda miss running a little...just a little though! Congrats and well done. Great cause too!

Ashley Myntti said...

Way to go RaeAnn! Isn't it an exhilarating feeling to cross that finish line and to know you accomplished something great?!

Bart and Krista said...

WAY TO GO!!! I am so proud of you! That is awesome!

JKZABRISKIE said...

Way to go!!! I hope that I can someday be as fit as you!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I love that your title says "First" Does this mean there are more in your future? I hope so. I would love to get as many of us sisters as possible and run one together. How great would that be? There is a big all womens half in Nashville each Sept. That one would be a blast.

I am so proud of you!