Sunday, September 16, 2012

Top of Utah Marathon

We had a wonderful weekend in Logan being with family and supporting Jeffrey and Janice as they ran the Top of Utah Marathon. 


I got up early with Jeffrey and Janice and drove them to the bus to head up the canyon for their race. Then I tried to get some more sleep before my 5K but wasn't very successful.
I surprised myself by PRing on my 5K with a 26:40 time. I was feeling pretty proud.




After my run, Kevin and I headed to mile 14 of the marathon and met up with Jenny, Brian, Amberly, Kevin (Stevens) and Frances. We were able to cheer for Janice and Jeffrey and they were looking good as they flew down the canyon.


Here is Jeffrey at mile 14 (top) and mile 18 (bottom) where I jumped in and ran with him for 5 miles.




He stopped for some calories and was having a charlie horse so I rubbed his hamstring with the stick.


Here is Janice running by Ruth's house. After a few miles, Jeffrey was speeding up and I couldn't keep his pace anymore so I jumped out at Ruth's house and drove to the finish line with Kevin and Amberly and Kevin (Stevens) to cheer for their big finish.


Me dropping out at Ruth's house.


Janice was hoping for a PR of 3:25, but wasn't able to make it. She wasn't smiling too much here right before she crossed the finish line.


Jeffrey realized he was going to sub 4 hours so he put on some speed at the end. The clock said, 3:59:47, but the official chip time for Jeffrey was 3:58. He did amazing for his first marathon, especially considering he hadn't run for a few weeks since school started. 




Chugging the chocolate milk and eating fat boy ice cream after the race.


The proud posers.




Got to finish up with a stick massage for the runner girl. 
I loved this weekend and all the support from the family. If I ever do a marathon, I'm pretty sure it will be the Top of Utah. Hopefully Jeffrey will do it with me. He says he will do another. Thanks for the memories family.

No comments: