Saturday, November 22, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings

I have many things to be thankful for and I thought I would post some pictures of some of my blessings. I love being a kindergarten teacher. This is most of my cute class of 24 kids. The two girls on the front row are moving this week so I'll be down to 22 kids. I am so blessed to be their teacher.
We have been blessed to live in this very affordable home for more than 17 years. It has been a place of refuge and safety for our family. It has given us opportunities for hard work and lots and lots of love.
When we first moved in we planted trees in our yard. They have grown and given us food, shade and a great place for our kids to play. They have also given us lots and lots of leaves.
I like to watch Bones on the Fox network. A couple of episodes ago, Booth's brother came around and because of some stupid choices on his part, Sealy didn't get a big promotion because he had to save his brother from his stupid mistakes as he had done through their whole life. Booth's brother tried to lead Bones to believe that Sealy just always ruined his chances for success because he didn't really want them, but Temperance finally realized that Sealy just always did what needed to be done for friends and family. She gives a wonderful toast to Sealy on his birthday and says that she use to think that the ALPHA male was the one who wore a crown or had all the power and glory, but she had come to realize that a true ALPHA male is the man who quietly takes care of those he loves without any glory for himself. THANK YOU TO MY ALPHA MALE. Kevin, you always are there for me and the kids, doing whatever needs to be done. You don't get nearly enough thanks and recognition for all you do for us. You are my greatest blessing.
God blessed me with four amazing children. I love it when they help so willingly with whatever needs to be done. They help take care of our home and yard with little complaint. They try to remember to show gratitude for their blessings. I really love my kids. You are my greatest accomplishment.
Jeffrey is a hard worker. He never fights us on doing his work or helping around the house and yard. Most of the time he even sings or whistles while he works.
Amberly and Janna have a little fun while they help rake leaves.
I'm so grateful that I am physically able to do almost anything I want. I've always enjoyed taking care of our yard, but I must admit, it's nice to have kids big enough to help out.
I'm so glad to have kids who love each other. They don't always get along perfectly, but for the most part, my kids love each other and try to help each other. It's fun to watch them become friends as I have with my siblings. Thursday night, Amberly and Cammie went together with some friends to the midnight showing of Twilight. I'm glad they like to be together sometimes.
Yes, Cammie (14) is a bit bigger than Amberly (17). It's a good thing Amberly has so much confidence that she isn't threatened to have her siblings taller than her. Anyone who knows her knows she has a giant spirit.
Janna is truly one of the sweetest people I know. She is obedient, kind, helpful, patient, loving, beautiful and very smart. She is the best peacemaker I've ever known. What a blessing she is to me and our family.
Thursday, November 20th, Amberly had the wonderful experience of receiving her patriarchal blessing. WOW! What a privilege to have been there with her and to hear that wonderful blessing pronounced on her head. She is one of the truly great people in my life.
That same night, Jeffrey had the responsibility to present his troop at the stake court of honor. He was just called as the senior patrol leader of the scouts in our ward. Even though it makes him very nervous to talk in front of lots of people, Jeffrey did a great job of leading his troop at this event. Jeffrey takes his responsibilities in the scouts and priesthood very seriously. He is a very dependable, reliable, hard working boy who will someday be a great man. I'm so glad he is my son.

6 comments:

Baldwincrew-blog said...

that was a great post. I'm grateful for you I love you so much and I'm happy that you are my older sister. Love you tons!!!!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

that was such a great post. I loved reading about all you are greatful for. I love all four of your kids too, they all hold a special spot in my heart. I adore you and Kevin as well. You two were always there for me while growing up and always very understanding of all my mistakes and I love you for that.
I am excited to see you and the rest of the family next week. I hope we get to play and chat and laugh as much as I have planned out in my own head.
I love you

Amberly said...

it was a great post mom. good job! i love you mom. so much

Horsley News said...

Well the funny thing is that I'm really grateful for all of these people too. I'm very grateful for my wonderful teaching daughter. It is so fun of you to carry the torch for me.
Love You
MOM

Horsley News said...

What a great life and so many blessings. You have an amazing family and I love you all so much. Thanks for your example and the light that you all shine.

Love ya,

Jenn

Sarah said...

We are grateful for you and your family!!!! We adore each of you and are very thankful for your example and love! Thanks for sharing:)