Saturday, November 29, 2008

Family, Food and Fun

What a family! This year we were all together on the Horsley side of the family. We had everyone there. My dad's cousin Linda joined us so she was able to take lots of pictures of the 44 people in our family. With her there, we had 45 people for our Thanksgiving feast. One of the nice things about so many people is the cooking is divided up and hopefully noone feels too overwhelmed. We love to get together, but usually have to have a church to have room for us all. This is what life is all about. I'm so glad to have such a great family.


Doesn't this pie look yummy? It sure was. Thanks Janna and Cammie for making the pies for our Thanksgiving feast this year. You did a great job. I hope having you both make the pies will become a new tradition.


We didn't get much time at the Hurst Hang-out this year, but we were able to spend some time Friday night eating even more food. Then we watched My Turn on Earth together. It was a good reminder about the plan of Salvation and that family and love are the true treasures in life.



My two awesome brothers. They were both sporting some cuddly facial hair this year. I love these two men with all my heart.


She's smiling because she's doing so well at cards.


Lydia's poker face.

Some serious card players. Frances (on the right) had never played Canadian Salad before, but she probably had the overall fewest points of all the games played.

Grandpa cleaning up after the big feast. Thanks for all your hard work dad. You helped make our Thanksgiving day wonderful.


Janna got a new camera the day before Thanksgiving. Guess what she did all week-end.

Janna and Sherri sharing some of the love that was abundant during our family time together. I love my family so much. We're big and loud and wonderful.


Cammie had a great time with MY new camera, taking pictures of her cousins playing together. I think she probably has a better idea of what my new camera will do than I do. Unfortunately, she also got carried away with the delete button and I'm missing some great blogging pictures.


2 comments:

Baldwincrew-blog said...

It was so great I love you and look forward to the next party! Love ya tons

Mandy said...

Yeah! you've joined the blog world! Your blog is so cute! And so is your family!