Monday, February 16, 2009

Christmas in February

I know there are many who feel gift cards are a very impersonal gift. Some of us find the right gift card delightful. Kevin's brother always gives us Barnes and Noble gift cards for birthdays or Christmas and our family loves it. The man who started the company that Kevin works for is a big advocate for being a lifelong learner. He is a voracious reader and to promote reading with his employees, he has a program where the company will reimburse half of what you pay for books you buy. Whenever Scott gives us gift cards, we go for Family Home Evening and buy lots of books. It really is Christmas in February.
It is Janna's month to plan Family Night, so she chose Mimi's Cafe to go eat before the big shopping spree since it's right by Barnes and Noble.

Janna and Jeffrey browsing for books. It's hard to decide.

Amberly and Cammie, getting mad at me for taking their picture while they browse for books.

Look at our haul. We ended up with 20 books and two book lights FOR FREE! Thanks Uncle Scott and Wavetronix and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

6 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am so jealous. i want to get some books for free. ;) What a fun family Night. Miss you guys tons.

Horsley News said...

Wow,
that is really my kind of party. Free books and Mini's cafe. I love that place.
love
Grandma
Horsley

Michelle said...

What a great boss! I loved your scrapbook pages. I sent you an invite a while ago to look at my blog. Let me know if you didn't get it. I really appreciated your advice on Kindergarten for my son.

Lindy said...

I love gift cards. My kids would love to have a FHE like that one. It looks like you all got some great books. Great books---great food--what could be better?

Lydia said...

Now that's a bargin

Horsley News said...

Rae-
From that picture Jeffrey looks as tall as Amberly. Looks like he's about to pass her up. What a great day for a little brother. I love to give gift cards, impersonal maybe but at least you're able to choose what to spend it on.

Love you guys
John