Sunday, March 1, 2009

Church Clothes on Saturday

We had the opportunity on Saturday to see my niece McKayla be baptized. Congratulations McKayla. We are so proud of you and glad we could be there to support you as you became a member of Jesus Christ's church.

We then had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple open house. It was a wonderful opportunity for the children to see for themselves the place we have been encouraging them to work for all their lives. I think they all felt the spirit and were glad they went. I hope it will be a memory to help them make good decisions when temptations come. I hope it will be a memory that makes their first time through a comfortable experience and not scary for them. I love the temple and hope that love will be passed on to my children and grandchildren.


After the temple, we took the kids to Kevin's favorite chinese food in Draper. They all tried different things and even if they didn't love it they ate it. Thanks for being willing to try new things kids. It was a great day.




5 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

You all look so happy, except Jeffrey he looks kind of mad.. I am sure he wasn't.. just sayin... Oh and I can't see Kevina's mouth, so I am just assuming he is happy.

Horsley News said...

Cammie doesn't look so sure she wants to eat what she's trying.

It was great to see you guys on Sat. Good job Rae and Amb with the music.

John

Horsley News said...

I loved the Celestial Room. It is a beautiful temple.
Love
MOM

Bart and Krista said...

What a fun family event. I would have loved to have gone to the open house of the Draper Temple. You have such a neat family!

Lindy said...

It is a beautiful temple. We love it. It's so fun you guys got to go in to see it.