Sunday, September 13, 2009

Been Gone

I've not been posting much lately because I've been visiting my friends, Father Tim, Cynthia, Dooley, Sadie Baxter, Hal and Marge Owens, and many more in their beautiful mountain village in Mitford, North Carolina. I've enjoyed my visit with them immensely even though this is my second visit to their little village. The food is wonderful and the company can't be beat. I appreciate them letting me share their joys and sorrows. They have taught me much and lifted my spirit. We've shared a few tears together and a great many laughs. I should be back in a couple of days after I visit Father Tim's home town in Holly Springs, Mississippi. Then its time to get serious about my Spanish studies and begin a more regular indexing regime. I know Father Tim and his friends would welcome you to Mitford if you should ever like to visit. If you go to the library it's free.

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

You are so funny. What are the books called? I really need a good read these days.

Horsley News said...

I was so confused why you would be out in NC. Guess it's something to do with the book. Lol.

John

Marce said...

Fun to hear from you, RaeAnn! I miss you. I'm so glad that you've been able to help Caleb so much. I was worried about him; and I've also been worried now that you have all my lil ex-students that you'd be thinking "oh man, that marci had some serious teaching weaknesses!" which, i'm sure is true-- and i'm sorry for you for that. But thank goodness they have you now to fix all of the problems I couldn't fix!!! :) I hope that you and Manila are doing well- and that you are happy in 1st grade. I know they are lucky to have you! Sending you a big hug and a smile. xoxo