Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gratitude


Gratitude unlocks the
fullness of life.

It turns what we have into enough, and more.

It turns denial into acceptance,

chaos to order,

confusion to
clarity.

It can turn a meal into a
feast,

a house into a
home,

a stranger into a
friend.

Gratitude makes
sense of our past,

brings
peace for today,

and creates a
vision for tomorrow.

- Melody Beattie


I stole this poem from my friend Melissa. I've been thinking a lot about gratitude lately. Maybe because I've been feeling so much gratitude for my amazing life. I really think it is a commandment we pay way too little attention to, even though I think it is probably one of the most important commandments we can keep. If I tried to share even a fraction of what I'm grateful for I'd been typing for days so I just want to share one of the things I've been sending prayers of gratitude to Heavenly Father for lately. FALL! What an incredibly beautiful season. The weather is sweet and the mountains couldn't be more beautiful. The sky is so blue and beautiful. I drive around town and can't help but praise God for the FALL beauty. Thank Heaven for FALL.


5 comments:

Valorie said...

I love your post. Fall is my favorite season too, and it never lasts long enough so I enjoy every minute before it snows. :)

Michelle said...

I loved your post and the quote. I too agree that we don't show as much gratitude as we should for the abundant blessings we receive. Thanks for the reminder. I too love fall.

Summer said...

I was just talking to Tyler last night about how much I miss the fall. There is no such thing as fall in arizona and it is one of the number one things I miss about Utah. Enjoy the beautiful world for me.

Horsley News said...

Thank you! Great quote.
love
MOM
I'm grateful for you!

Ashley Myntti said...

I am grateful you are my friend! I miss talking to you! It was nice to see you for a few minutes at lunch today, but we need more chat time!