Saturday, February 20, 2010

Janna's Birthday

I can't believe my youngest child is 12-years-old. Thursday was Janna's birthday.
Manila Elementary got a new sign last year and they wish the kids happy birthday on it. I got a couple of pictures of Janna's birthday wish flashing across the big screen.

At breakfast, Janna opened the presents she had picked out on a shopping trip to Target Monday. I think she liked everything since she is the one who chose it.

I checked Janna out at lunch time and she and I went to Arby's for lunch. Janna loves the chicken there and she enjoyed eating her shake and apple turnover too for her birthday. You might also notice that she has some new earrings in. she was able to take her studs out today and wear some of the new earrings she got at Christmas.

The thing Janna wanted most for her 12th birthday was to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead. We went as a family and it was an amazing experience to be in the temple with all of my children and my husband. Kevin was able to perform the confirmation and baptismal ordinances for our four children as they stood in as proxy for people who have died without the opportunity to have these ordinances done for themselves. It was a great experience for Janna and one of my proudest days as a mother.

Happy 12th Birthday Janna
I love you

4 comments:

Ashley Myntti said...

What an awesome experience to have your whole family in the temple! Janna is such an amazing and beautiful girl. You are a lucky mother!

Janice {Run Far} said...

awwww, you have such a great family. Happy b-dy Janna. Love you.

Lydia said...

That's so awesome that she wanted to go to the temple for her birthday. She is such a great girl. Happy B-day Jana.

JKZABRISKIE said...

I love going to the temple with the whole family! It's amazing!