Thursday, September 16, 2010

Birthdays and Dorms

Nineteen-years-old. I can hardly believe my little baby is 19 and headed to college. We celebrated Amberly's birthday by driving to Idaho to take her to BYU-I. I'm so excited for her to have this wonderful stage in life. I know it was such a happy, exciting time for me and I'm so glad she gets to experience college life.

The birthday girls.

The girl and the dorm room.

One last family out to eat dinner.

"No Jeffrey! You can't have Amberly's room!"

Pretty chilly for Labor Day.

Everyone keeps asking if I was sad to be leaving Amberly in Idaho. I was mostly just excited for her. She is very prepared and ready for this stage in her life. It doesn't hurt that the spirit has told Kevin, Amberly and me that this is the right thing for her. The fact that she has 3 cousins in Rexburg, lots of good friends in Rexburg and an aunt and uncle who adore her an hour away in Pocatello doesn't hurt either. Enjoy college Amberly! It's a wonderful time of life.

1 comment:

Bart and Krista said...

She is going to have SOOOOOO much fun! I am excited for her too! College was the best time ever for me. Don't get me wrong- I'm still lovin' life-- but my BYU experience was IT! She will have a great time!