Monday, June 7, 2010

Roatan Monday June 7th

Did you know it gets light at about 5:00 in the morning in this part of the world. It doesn't look like I'll be doing any sleeping in on this trip which is just fine by me.

Today we did three dives. Our first dive was at Canyon Reef. There were beautiful swim thrus that I would have really enjoyed if I had hooked my air to my BCD correctly and could put air in without blowing into it with my mouth. It made it a bit difficult to relax, but about 1/2 thru my weight evened out and I was able to relax more. We saw amazing things. Two morey eels, a really big spotted eagle ray swam by us, lobster and wonderful fish and coral. We ended at another dive spot called Fish Den.

Our second dive was at Blue Channel. Another great dive. We saw another Spotted Eagle Ray, and amazing fish and coral
and saw 3 adolescent spotted eagle rays that were really cool.


We came back for lunch and studied for our Fish ID dive while we ate. We headed out and dove at Turtle Crossing which I finally figured out the perfect weight to keep me neutrally buoyant and I was able to totally relax and look for the fish I was suppose to find. Michael pointed out a turtle to me and we saw a really big lobster. We also saw two squid. That was the first time any of us had seen squid.

2 comments:

Criman Family said...

Sure glad you're having a great time. We all need to appreciate God's creations!

Heather said...

Sounds amazing! Glad you are having fun!