Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Camping Trip of the Summer

We left Thursday afternoon for our first camping trip of the summer. We went to a campground in Manti canyon which was absolutely beautiful.

After getting set up at camp, some families went down to save places at the pagent grounds. We ended up at two different places for dinner, but the turkey dinner was delicious.

Here we are with the Stewarts at the stake center where we had a yummy turkey dinner. The day before we left, Cammie was a little bored so she made our family some T-shirts. Way to go Cammie. It's nice to to know who you belong to.

We headed for the temple grounds to wait about 2 1/2 hours for the pagent to start. Our friends had saved two rows in the front so the kids played on the grass and the adults visited until the pagent started.

Kevin relaxing and posing.

I usually end up braiding hair. This trip I only did Janna and Hannah. Gina and John Farrer went to Manti friday and picked up some fresh corn on the cob. Kevin had gotten a new BBQ for his birthday and we decided to BBQ a few in their husks. Jennifer Daniel showed us how to make them pretty. They were very good cooked on the BBQ. Kevin's birthday present will serve us well.

Amberly had a great time with her friends.

Cammie and Haley also loved camping together. They were prepared with their own matching shirts.

Pretty much Jeffrey played wiffle ball with all his friends. They can entertain themselves for hours. Thank goodness.

Janna and Hannah were in heaven playing together. It's so nice that our children have such wonderful friends and I'm glad so many of their friends have parents that are our friends. We had just as much fun if not more with our friends. What a fabulous camping trip. I can't wait for the next one.

8 comments:

The super sweet life of Sammy said...

That sounds like so much fun i wish i could have been in the pagent this year it would have been fun to see you guys there.
~sammy~

Cox Clan said...

Oh my gosh. That sounds like you had so much fun. I love hanging out with people you love. Can't wait for next week.

Valorie said...

What a great post! Loved all the pictures, how fun to go with so many friends and neighbors!

Horsley News said...

Great pictures. So fun
love
Grandma Susan

Lydia said...

It sounds like a fun weekend, I love the shirts that Cammie did.

mj said...

What fun! I have always wanted to see that pageant...some day. glad you had a great camping trip. sounds like it will be the first of many this summer!

Brownbellies said...

You are totally not spying on us and are more then welcome to look and comment whenever you feel like it. Your family is so cute and the girls are growing up so fast! I still picture Jeffery and Jacob and Mckay as little boys and it blows me away every time I see them. You have to tell me how to put the pictures in that collage format I need to do that on my blog. Thanks for keeping in touch and now that I've found yours I'm excited to keep up with the Hurst family.

Horsley News said...

Rae-Jeffrey is growing a lot. Is he taller than Cammie? Love the pics. Looks like a lot of fun.