Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cozumel Day Three

Well I had to call Rae and tell here how bad the diving was today!!! We got on the boat around 8:30am. It was a little choppy and a little cold (about 75) The dive group was smaller so they put us all on one boat. After about 30 minutes a pod of about 6 dolphins appeared in front of the boat and road the bow wave for about 10 minutes. It is never a good sign when dolphins are that playful (it was so cool).
Today we dove Colombia deep. The dive was great. The swim-through went on for ever. We saw at least four turtles. It was one of my favorite dives. We went down to about 85 feet and I stayed down for 35 minutes. Scott is still beating me on air. Think I am going to give him the camera and just work on my air.
The second dive was at Colombia Shallows. This is the place were Rae, Jen, Bill and myself went snorkeling and saw the divers. It was a great place to dive. The max depth was 34 feet and I stayed down for 1:10 it was very cool. We saw an Eagle Ray, Scott found a nurse shark, we saw a school of barracuda that were about 6 to 8" long. We saw several turtles and just a ton of fish. Today has been one of my favorite all time dive days. My favorite was diving with RaeAnn and seeing the massive turtle, the night dive with RaeAnn and my very first dive in Tahiti. After all of those comes this one.
The night dive tonight was canceled so we are going to do a shore dive tonight.

No comments: