Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kevin is in Cozumel




Day ONE:
So here I am in Cozumel at the Scuba Club Cozumel Resort. Rae wanted me to BLOG everyday and upload photos of everything I see and do. So here is the Blow by Blow. Got up this morning at 3:30am so I could be on the road by 4:00am. Got to the airport around 5:00am and got checked in. Scott meet me at check-in. By the time we got through security it was pretty much time to get on the plane.
Had to wait on the plane while they de-iced the wings and then we were on our way to Dallas. We got to Dallas around 10:00am and the plane for Cozumel left at 10:30. Ate as much as I could as fast as I could and then got on the plane to Cozumel.
Finally made it to the hotel around 2:00pm. The hotel is nice our room has two twin beds and a view of the ocean for the balcony. The room is pretty basic. No phone, no TV just a place to sleep while you are not diving.
After some Tacos for lunch we went and got checked in with the dive shop. Got all signed up for a two tank boat dive tomorrow. We also went shore diving. The max depth was 22 feet and the water temp was 81. I had about 2,500 lbs of air and sucked through it in about 30 minutes. Ended the dive with about 500 lbs. We saw a lot of fish, some lobsters, a few eels it was great. We had so much fun we went and got two new tanks and did it again. The second time I did much better with my air. Started with 3,000lbs dove for 50 minutes and still had 1,000 lbs left. The second dive was at dusk and the shrimp and craps were just starting to come out. It was alot of fun.
So here I am in the hotel room hooking up the camera to the computer and I get a USB Device not recognized error. Sorry Rae no photo's. I did not bring my card reader. I will try and post everyday and let you know what is going on. Sorry there is no photo's. It will give you something to look forward to when I get home.

Well it's time to go to the Mexican Beach Party.

2 comments:

Cox Clan said...

So excited for you Kevin. Wish I were with you. Brings back memories from 2 years ago. Have fun.

Janice {Run Far} said...

WTFrench.... why isn't Rae there with you?